- Cabbage: 1/4
- Besan-(senagapindi)-1 1/2 cups (sengapindi/besan)
- Rice Flour-1tbsp
- Onion-1 Sliced
- Red chili powder: 3/4 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste: 1/4 tsp
- Hot oil: 2 tsps
- Water: as required ..1/2 cup shuld be ok
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, add the besan flour,rice flour,salt,chili powder,ginger garlic paste, hot oil.
- Soften the shredded cabbage by putting it in hot wter for 2 mins.
- Add it to the besan mixture and mix well.
- Make sure to coat the cabbage pieces well,I have added onion slices also to this mixture.Take care not to add too much water.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in a heavy bottomed vessel.
- Bring the oil to very hot temperature.Drop a little drop of besan mixture into the oil,it should sizzle well.
- Drop the cabbage besan mixture with your hand.
- Do not add too much as they may not get fried well if sufficient place is not there.
- Fry till they turn golden brown on medium heat.
- Then flip them to other side and fry.
Take out them on to a tissue paper.and enjoy them in a chilly evening with tomato ketchup or chutney.We enjoyed it with tomato chutney and white chutney.
Also adding coriander powder to the besan mixture gives a different twist to it.You can replace the cabbage with any other veggies.I opted this to atleast finish the cabbage in this form
This goes to the event Street Food Event