- Potatoes boiled and mashed-3
- Carrot cubed and boiled-2
- Green peas boiled and mashed-1 cup
- Onion finely chopped-1
- Green chilli finely chopped-1
- Cauliflower finley chopped-1/2 cup
- Capsicum chopped-1
- Tomatoes finely chopped-3
- Salt to taste
- Coriander-finely chopped to garnish
- Cumin seeds -1tbsp
- Coriander powder-1tbsp
- Amchur powder-1tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste-1tbsp
- Red chillie powder-1tbsp
To say you can add whatever veggies that are available in your fridge.
- Cook all the vegetables except tomatoes in a pressure cooker and make a mashy textured mixture with some salt and turmeric.
- Heat a pan and add the butter or oil.Add cumin seeds,onions.Once they turn pink add ginger garlic paste.Once it is cooked add the tomatoes and green chillies.Cook it tender till the tomatoes are mashed up.
- Now add the chilli powder,amchur powder and fry for 2 mins.Add the cooked mashy vegetables and adjust the salt.Cook it on a medium flame with a lid on it.Make sure you don’t make the mixture dry.Add sufficient water to suit your consistency.Garnish with coriander and little butter.It makes the dish very flavourful.Outside,they add red colour to this and you can use the same if you want.
Now take Pav and cut it in the middle.Apply butter to it and roast on a pan.Put bhaji in the plate ad add chopped onions.Squeeze a lemon over it and your favoutite Pav Bhaji is ready to eat:) you can use the bhaji to toast bread or for chapatis also.I would love to eat the bhaji alone with onion and tomato rings