This recipe has been sent by one of our dearest guests Leela.She is blessed with the fine art of cooking ,non-veg dishes especially.Here is the version of world famous authentic Chicken 65 from her…
- Chicken boneless -400 gms
- Lemon juice – 3 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1tbsp
- Corn flour – 2tbsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Red food color – 1/2 tbsp
For cooking the dish after marination:
- Cooking oil – 6 tbsp(to fry the chicken pieces)
- Cut green chillies – 4 nos
- Spring Onions – 3tbsp finely chopped
- Tomato ketchup – 5 tbsp
- Chilli Sauce-2tbsp
- Garlic 1tbsp finely chopped
- Ginger 1 pod finely chopped
- Curry leaves – 2 springs
How the dish was made:
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and mix along with all the ingredients that are specified under marination.
- Make you coat the pieces very well with all the masalas and add more lime juice if needed.Allow it to marinate for at least 1 hour.the more it marinates the better taste.Remember this thumb rule while preparing any chicken dishes.
- Now heat oil in a pan,and fry the chicken pieces until they turn soft and golden brown.
- Take a pan and add 2 tbsp of oil.Add chopped ginger,garlic pieces,curry leaves and spring onions,green chillis.
- Now add tomato ketchup,chilli sauce and toss the ingredients without getting them burnt.
- Add 2 tbsp of water if you feel that the mixture becomes too dry.Now add the chicken pieces and toss them well on high flame for 5 mins.Adjust the salt accordingly.
- Reduce the flame and cook for 10 more minutes. Garnish it with fried cashew nuts and cilantro!