This is a simple yet delicious curry that my mom loves very much.This recipe has been sent by one of our guests and my dear friend soma,You can even try this recipe with eggs,mushrooms as well . Try this and you’ll learn how quick and tasty the curry is. The juicy tomatoes combined with crunchy cashew nuts and the flavours of fresh and tender drumstick make this dish a perfect selection for small parties.
- 2 drumsticks/munaga kaaya – cut into 2 “pieces. (Cook in boiling water for 15 mts)
- 1 large onion – finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes – finely chopped
- 10 Cashew Nuts(soaked in milk or water for 3o mins)
- 1 tbsp fresh curd(optional)
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 1tbsp Coriander/Dhania Powder
- 10-12 curry leaves
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Salt to taste
How I made:
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a vessel and fry the drumsticks for 5-6 mts on medium flame. Set aside.
- In the same vessel, add and heat remaining oil. On medium flame add ginger garlic paste and curry leaves. Toss them for about half a minute till the flavor comes out. Now add in cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add chopped onions, drumstick pieces, salt and turmeric powder and fry on medium flame till the onions turn trasculent and pink.
- Add chopped tomatoes, chilli powder. Cover and cook them for 4-5 mts till the tomatoes turn soft and the juices run out.
- Add cashews,Reduce heat and cook for 5 mts or till the desired consistency.
- Add curd and mix well,Switch off the flame after 5 min.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves. This goes very well with rice and chapatis.
- Ensure that the drumstick pieces are soft enough before turning off the flame.