Hi..hope everyone are doing good…and welcome to a fresh week…This time am back with a chutney recipe that calls for onion and brinjal..Don’t give me a weird look for posting this .I know this is pretty simple and may not deserve a place here..But you know I have searched net for this recipe and finally took my aunt’s version.So I hope this may help someone who might be in search of vankaya pahadi or brinjal chutney
What you need:
- Brinjal 250 gms
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Jeera – 2tbsp
- Green chilli slit – 5
- Tamarind – small lemon size
- Mustard- 1 tbsp
- Split urad dal – 1 tbsp
- Dried red chilli- 1
- curry leaves – 1 spring
- Jeera – 1/ 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
How I Made:
- Cut brinjal into thin pieces and onion as well.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry green chillis
- Add onions and brinjal pieces.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes or until they become soft or mashy.
- Tranfer this mixture into a blender and add jeera,tamarind and salt.
- Blend it into a coarse paste and keep it aside.
- Heat some oil in a kadai and add mustard,jeera and split urad dal and red chilli
- When they crackle add the curry leaves and fry for few seconds.
- Pout this mixture on the chutney or pachadi.
This Vankaya Pachadi is a very famous Andhra dish which can be accompanied with piping hot white rice and a dollop of ghee.
|Saute onions and brinjal in oil|
|All set to go into blender|
|Pour seasoning on the chutney|
|Enjoy with hot rice and ghee|