Every time I look at brinjal I feel to experiment it with different combination of ingredients..I have grown from childhood watching my mom cooking it with peas..That thought only gave me this idea of cooking brinjal with sweet corn..It came out extraordinary and won applauses from my family..Just try it out and let me know what you think of this Vankaya Corn Batani..
What you need:
- Brinjal 500gms
- Sweet corn kernels cooked - 1 handful
- Onions-2 sliced
- Green Peas- 3 tbsp
- Coriander/Dhania Powder -2tbsp
- Red chilli Powder - 3 tbsp
- Turmeric - a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Oil -4 tbsp
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Cumin - 1tbsp
- Dried red chilli - 2
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Mustard seeds - 1tbsp
- Split uradh dal - 1tbsp
- Take a pan and add oil.Add all the ingredients mentioned under seasoning and fry for a minute.
- Now add onions and fry till transparent.
- Add brinjal pieces along with salt and fry for 5 minutes on high flame.Simmer and cook for10 more minutes by closing the lid.
- Add in turmeric,dhania and chilli powders and mix well.Cook for 5 more minutes with closed lid.
- Add in the corn shells and green peas and sauté well.
- Cook the curry until the brinjal pieces become soft and nice aroma evolves.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.Enjoy it with rice or chapathi.
I haven't used ginger garlic paste as I needed a very less spicy curry.But please free to add it if you want before frying the onion slices.
Have a quick glance:
|Slice up onions and brinjal|
|Bring in corn kernels and green peas|
|Add the corn and peas|
|Bring in brinjal pieces|
|Sprinkle dhania powder|
|Add up chilli powder and turmeric|
|Cook for few minutes and serve|
|Curry looks shining with corn and peas!|