I still remember my childhood days where my brother used to bug my mom to buy him samosas on our way to our home town in trains…My mom used to convince him saying that they ‘ll be so unhealthy as they use cheap oils to fry them ..She used to prepare them at home by using some moulds bought in city exhibition:) Now after so many years I tried them on my own :)Now goes the recipe for samosa stuffed with hot potato peas masala..
What you Need:
- 1 cup White flour
- 1 tbsp Ajwain
- 4 tbsp-Kasuri Methi
- Salt- a pinch
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1/4 kg Potatoes cooked and mashed
- 1 cup Green Peas softened and cooked
- 1/2 tbsp- Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp – Corinader Powder
- 1 tbsp – Red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp – Garam Masala powder
- 3 tbsp-Coriander/Cilantro
- 1 tbsp – Amchur powder
- a pinch -Turmeric
- a pinch – salt
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Oil- for deep frying
How I Made:
- Mix ajwin,kasuri methi,salt and water with flour and add a 1 tbsp of oil over it.Form a smooth dough and rest it aside.
- In a pan add a 2 tbsp of oil and crackle cumin seeds.
- Add onions and ginger garlic paste and sauté till they are transparent.
- Add in all spice powders and fry for a few seconds.Now throw in peas and fry them for 5 min.
- Add the mashed potatoes and cook till the curry is done.Adjust salt and chilli powder according to your taste.
- Now divide the dough into equal sized balls.
- Take one ball and press it .Roll into a tortilla shape and cut into two halves.
- Take some filling and put on it.Take the right edge of the circle and fold it to your right and do the same with left side.Seal all the edges carefully..(REFER the below PICTURES)
- Fry them in hot oil until they turn crisp and golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup and green chutney
|Prepare your methi dough like this|
|Crackle cumin and green chilli|
|Saute onions and ginger garlic paste|
|Throw in all spice powders|
|Pop in green peas|
|Keep your dough balls and filling ready|
|Press a dough ball|
|Roll into a circle like this|
|Cut into tow equal halves|
|Keep your filling|
|Flip the right side first|
|Flip the left side and your samosa is ready|
|All set to get fried|
|Fry in hot oil|
|Rest them on a tissue paper|
|Hot piping samosas are ready|
|Can you see the tempting filling inside?|