Days are being very busy and I am hardly finding time to cook food.So opting for few simple recipes these days to manage the week days ..Its mango season and I haven’t tasted one so far Yesterday I have bought a raw mango to satisfy my taste buds..It reminded me my good olden school days where we used to buy mango pieces for 25 paise near school gate..Also I love to eat them in T-Nagar roadside on weekend shoppings
Ok..now back to recipe here am giving you a tempting dal made of mango seasoned with perfect ingredients..This we call as Mamidikaya Pappu in Telugu and is very famous dish…I love to have this with hot rice,ghee and papad..Ok now goes the recipe for mamidikaya pappu..
What You Need:
Thoor dal – 1 cup
Onion – 1/2 chopped
Medium sized mango – 1 cut into cubes
Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Green chillies slit – 3
Tamarind very small ball
Coriander – few springs chopped
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Mustard – 1 tbsp
Jeera/cumin – 1 tbsp
Split uradh dal – 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – 1 spring
Methi/Fenugreek – 1/4 tbsp
dried red chillies – 2 halved
How I Made :
- Soak thoor dal in lots of water for 30 minutes.Wash dal and drain the water.
- Add in onions and mango pieces.Sprinkle turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Add green chillies and tamarind.Add 3 cups of water and mix well so that everything gets coated to the dal.Pressure cook this until 3 whistles.
- Open the pan once the pressure goes off.Mash the dal well and add salt.
- Heat ghee in a pan and make seasoning with all the ingredient mentioned above.
- Fresh mango dal will be ready for you to enjoy with hot rice or roti.
- Buy mangoes which are very sour for making this dal.Also you don’t require more tamarind if the mangoes are sour.
|Cut onions and mango into cubes..|
|Wash your thoor dal and keep it ready..|
|Add onions and mango cubes..|
|Add red chilli powder|
|Then green chillis..|
|And then tamarind..|
|Mash dal and add salt..|
|Start making tampering..|
|With beautiful curry leaves..|
|Add it to dal..|
|Mix it well…|
|Decorate with coriander leaves..|