I started baking again after a long gap and did Vanilla Sponge Cake yesterday..It came out so good and I will post the recipe very soon.Today we shall go with Paneer Tikka Masala cooked along with Green Peas..I have received a request for this recipe from one of my readers :)Paneer is very healthy ingredient which can be included abundantly in Vegetarian meals..But it comes
calorie rich when it is cooked with high fats like ghee,butter,cream..Once in a while you can prepare like this..but when you are planning to include paneer in your weekly diet..please cook it with less fats..
- Cashews – 5
- Badam/Almonds – 10
- Ginger garlic paste – 1tbsp
- Black Cumin – 1 tbsp
- Javitri – 1/2 tbsp
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch piece
- Cloves – 3
- Cardamom – 3
- Green Peas – 1 cup
- Tomatoes -3 big sized chopped
- Paneer Tikka as mentioned in the above recipe.
- Oil/Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Butter to spread at end
- Red chillie powder – 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1tbp
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat a tbsp of oil/ghee and fry the cashews,almonds.Then add the whole spices to them.
- Throw the chopped onion,add ginger garlic paste.Fry all of them for few minutes until the onions become soft and truculent.
- Add tomatoes,salt and cook it covered till soft.Allow it to cool down and blend it into smooth paste.
- Heat the remaining oil/ghee and fry the paste for 2 minutes.
- Throw in all the powders,adjust salt and cook it covered for sometime.
- Add the green peas and cook it covered for 10 min.Then add the paneer tikka pieces and ix well.
- Cook it covered for some time and add a dash of butter at the end.If you wish you could add some fresh cream to it so that the curry becomes very creamy.
- Finally add some chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or biryani.