Day before yesterday was a very busy day at office and I came home with a tired face and an empty stomach..My body had sent me signals to feed it immediately with something…And at the same time it told me not to feed it with any passive stuff like oats or milk… Yesss!!..it was carving for some hot and spicy stuff as that being a cold evening..There was nothing at home to eat and the only stuff I had are the cereals like multi grain hops and rice snaps which are supposed to be eaten with milk as a breakfast ,,but my foodie heart gave me a sparky idea to prepare something hot and spicy with it..I remember tasting similar kind of snack few months ago in office which my manager brought :)..Ok..now..
Lets go to the recipe of this tasty, crunchy and spicy snack mixture masala.There are few good things about this..One being oil free and the other being this made with healthy multi grains like maize,barley,oats,rice..I know a little amount of fructose also goes into this while preparing these hops but that’s fine amount only..This is the easiest and healthy snack item which can liked by children a lot and also its so easy to prepare..You can just make your guests sit in the living room and prepare this within `5 minutes…
What You Need:
- Any multi grain cereals of your choice – 2 1/2 Cups
- I used ASDA multi grain hops and ASDA rice snaps..you can see the same in the above picture
- Ghee – 1/4 tbsp
- Ground nuts – 2 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Chat Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Amchur Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- curry Leaves – 1 spring
- Salt to taste
- Onions for garnishing
How I Made:
- Heat very less amount of ghee in a kadai.Add the ground nuts and cashews and curry leaves and fry for a minute or two.
- Add the multi grain cereals and sprinkle all the spice powders.
- Mix well and take care not to burn the spices.We need not add ghee to this but red cgilli powder could get burnt soon and so added some mixing agent like this.
- Just keep the mixture on the flame for 2 minutes by taking care not to burn it.
- Serve hot with chunks of onion and lemon if you prefer.Adding of little pepper powder also give it a different taste.do try it out and let me know…!!
|Heat some ghee|
|Pop in nuts and curry leaves|
|Add in the hops and rice snaps|
|Now sprinkle all the spice powders and mix well for few minutes|
|How is that…|
Tasty and crunchy multi grain mixture masala is ready now
See you..until next post..Take Care..