Yesterday was a joyous day in my blogging life as I almost did some four yummy dishes especially for my blog..DH started making fun of me that I was cooking only for the sake of my blog. How can I deny that ignoring the love that I developed towards this sweet first child of mine.:P I had some brown bread lying in my pantry from so many days.So decided to make these sweet little hearts to satisfy my mom’s sweet tooth as well..This is one version of sahi tukda which I renamed it to Dil ka Tukda
You can also learn how to make rabri also in this post..So its a double dhamaka now We shall sure jump into making lip smacking rabri in no time now..with the syrupy sweet hearts on it..
What You Need for making Rabri and Sahi Tukda:
- Brown/White bread slices -4
- Love Cookie Cutter
- Sugar – 1 cup(50 gms)
- Milk – 1/4 ltr
- Green Cardamom crushed -3
- Butter/ghee – 3 tbsp
- Almonds sliced – 5
- Water for making sugar syrup
- Cut the heart shape bread pieces using the cookie cutter
- Fry them in ghee/butter until golden brown and keep them aside
- Take a sauce pan and pour half of the sugar sugar and equal amount of water in it.Stir continuously and make a sugar syrup..You don’t need to work hard on the consistency as this is just to sweeten the sweet hearts
- Once the syrup thickens lightly switch of the stove and transfer to a wide plate.Drop the bread hearts into the syrup and soak them.
- In the same sauce pan add milk and boil on low flame.After 5 mins add sugar and cardamom powder.Keep boiling it until the milk forms a thick consistency .the content will become almost half of the quantity of the milk added.Allow it to rest for few minutes and transfer to a serving plate.This is called rabri
- Place the sweet hearts on top of the rabri and sprinkle almonds slices.
|Make little hearts with cookie cutter|
|This is my another favourite cutter|
|Fry them in ghee/butter|
|Start boiling sugar and water to make syrup|
|Soak the bread hearts in sugar syrup|
|Start boiling milk|
|With sugar and cardamom powder|
|Boil boil boil..|
|Till thick and creamy|
|Rabri is done now..You can serve this alone|
|Place the hearts over rabri..Need a juicy bite??
Here is the step by step picture of recipe for Sahi Tukda..Hope you will try them soon and let me know the feedback