|Oat and Baadham Halwa…polis inside the post|
Yes you are right..She is that Priya from Priya’s Versatile Recipes ..As the names implies sure priya’s blog is an amazing collection of versatile yummy recipes which are so unique and special..Her blog is my reference for any baking varieties..She is very adventurous in mixing totally different ingredients..Go have a look and you will sure come back to agree with me! Come let have a chat with her..
Siri: When did you start blogging and what made you to start it?
Siri: Please do not post such tempting baking goodies..am not able to follow my diet 😉
Off to Priya now to explain about this super yummy Oats & Badam Halwa..I told your right..Can you imagine this fusion?And its a double dhamaka now..we shall learn to make polis as well with oats and badham…
- 3/4cup Rolled oats
- 10nos Almonds (deskinned & soaked in hotwater)
- 1cup Sugar
- 2cups Milk
- 2tbsp Ghee
- 1/4tsp Yellow Food colour
- 1tsp Cardamom powder
- Grind coarsely rolled oats in a food processor and keep aside.Grind the soaked almonds with enough water as thick paste
- Heat one tsp of ghee in a kadai,roast the coarsely powdered oats in simmer for a while.
- Now heat the milk in a kadai with sugar,bring them boil and stir them continously until sugar gets dissolved.
- Once the sugar gets dissolved add the roasted oats,yellow food colour,grounded almond paste to the milk, stir it continously..
- Add ghee little by little to the oats.
- Once the halwa gets off from the bottom of the kadai, add the cardamom powder,put off the stove…
- Pour the halwa to a greased plate and let them cool completely.
- Make lemon sized balls from this halwa and keep aside.
- 2cups Maida /All purpose flour
- 2tbsp Oil (for kneading)
- Ghee or oil (for cooking)
- Oats & Badam halwa (as per need)
- Knead the maida and salt with enough water as a soft and stiff dough.
- Add the oil and knead again the dough for few more minutes,keep aside covered with a wet towl for few minutes.
- Roll out golf sized medium sized balls from the dough.
- Grease a plastic sheet, roll the dough and place the halwa balls,wrap the dough around the halwa,roll it as a round pancakes..
- Heat few drops of oil or ghee, drop gently the rolled polis and cook on both sides until they get well cooked.
So here is the sweet treat from our dearest Priya..hope you enjoyed a lot..Am listing down few interesting recipes which I liked most from her space..Hope you too will like them..
Tasty Chocolate Puffs
Healthy Orange Oatmeal bread
Eggless Butter Tarts
Herbed Wheat Barley Bread Sticks