Of all varieties of dosa,I liked this super soft spongy dosa a lot..This dosa stays spongy for a longer time and it just melts in your mouth..You don’t need any kind of dals to prepare this super soft spongy dosas except rice and poha. When I heard about this butter milk sponge dosa for the first time,I really wondered how could it turn out ..but it is total hit in my family and I often do this regularly..
What You Need to make this super soft spongy dosa:
- Rice —————— 1 cup
- Poha —————— 3/4 cup
- Baking Soda———–1/2 tbsp
- Butter Milk————-2 cups
- Salt to taste
Recipe for Butter Milk Sponge Variety Dosa:
- Wash and soak rice in plenty of water.
- Wash poha and soak in butter milk.Let these soak for over night.The buttermilk will totally be absorbed by poha by morning.
- Blend both rice and poha together into a smooth dosa batter.Try not to add any water.Instead use butter milk.
- Mix salt and baking powder and start making dosas.
- Take a dosa pan and heat it.Pour a ladle full of batter and don’t spread it.The batter will automatically spread into utappam consistency.
- Drizzle some oil over it and cover with a lid.
- Let it cook and then flip over to cook on the other side.
- Serve hot with any chutney..We had it with channa masala which tasted great.
Lets learn the recipe for sponge dosa using step by step pictures:
|Start porung buttermilk over washed poha|
|And leave them overnight|
|Make batter like this in the morning|
|Pour a ladle of batter|
|Drizzle some oil and cook it covered|
|Flip and cook the other side|
|Serve hot with channa masala or coconut chutney|
|Yummu super soft spongy dosas ready|
Do try this out and let me know it came..Check out the super yummy coconut chutney here to make a perfect combo with these spongy dosas
Take Care until next post..Siri