|Dry Fruit Peas Masala|
I was bored of preparing chutneys for dosa..Also there was one day where we had shortage of ground nuts . that’s it..I took my chance to prepare this tasty peas kurma..It is a simple preparation with rich dry fruit nuts like badam and cashews in it..My family liked this variety combination and finished the whole bowl in no time..Fresh green peas are my all time favourite as they save my time when am dead tired..you could simple fry some peas and mix with rice for a light lunch..
Best with dosa ,chapathi or any pulav rice
Making this dry fruit peas kurma is dead easy..you need:
- Onion sliced big—1
- Tomato chopped—1
- Green Peas——-50 gms
- Green chillies chopped—3
- Ginger garlic paste – 1tbsp
- Curry Leaves—1 spring
- Cumin seeds –1 tbsp
- Oil —- 4tbsp
- Garam Masala powder —1/2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder –1 tbsp
Recipe for Dry Fruit green Peas Masala:
- Start roasting the onions,dry fruits in 1 tbsp of oil in a wide kadai or pan.
- Add in green chillies and tomatoes.Adjust salt and turmeric.
- Saute till the onions and tomatoes turn soft.Allow it to cool and finely make a paste by grinding in mixie.
- In the same pan add remaining oil and splutter cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Then add the onion and dry fruit paste and saute for few minutes.Make sure it doesn’t stick to the pan.Best is to use the non stick pan.
- Add in red chilli powder.ginger garlic paste.salt,garam masala.Mix it well and cook for few minutes,
- Throw in green peas and mix well..Add a cup of water(100 ml) and mix well.
- Cook on low flame for about 15- 20 minutes until the gravy thickens.
- Serve hot with any dosas or chapatis. Its a great combination for pulav too.
|Line up all your veggies and nuts|
|Start roasting them in a tbsp of oil|
|Green chillies goes in|
|And then tomatoes,adjust salt and turmeric and cook till soft|
|And then blend into fine paste|
|Splutter cumin and curry leaves|
|Add in the paste and cook for few mins|
|Throw in all the spice powders|
|And then green peas|
|Add a cup of water and mix well..Adjust salt|
|And cook till the gravy thickens
It tasted really authentic ..I was very satisfied with the taste as I have prepared it with my imagination and not referred any book or website
Linking this to Sume Side dish eventSee you and take care..Have a fantastic weekend guys..