|Ginger Sweetcorn Masala Idli|
Idlis are part of traditional South Indian Breakfast..but loved by all over the country..These idlis are so soft and just melt in your mouth..Also these are very healthy and nutritious.they provide good carbohydrates and supply enough energy to kick start the day..I tried making these idlis more nutritious by adding some veggies to it.We liked it very much as we don’t need to add extra calories in form of chutney..
You can just have then without chutney and also kids love these colourful idlis a lot..You can also finish off any tid n bits of left over vegetables as part of thus rich breakfast..Lets see how to prepare this variety idly..
Makes 4 idlis
- Idli Batter 1 cup
- Carrot Grated ——1
- Ginger chopped———-1 ” piece
- Sweet Corn————50 gms(Feel free to add as much as you can)
- Green chilli chopped———-2
- Onion chipped———–1
- Coriander leaves———1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds————-1/2 tbsp
- Channa dal—————1/2 tbsp
- Uradh Dal—————-1/2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds————1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric——————2 pinches
- Pepper powder———–1/4 tbsp
- Oil————————2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How I Made:
- Heat oil in a kadai and start crackling cumin seeds.When they splutter add mustard,channa dal,uradh dal and curry leaves.Saute till nice aroma comes.
- Add in chopped green chillies and ginger pieces.Fry for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and adjust salt and turmeric powder.Saute till oions turn soft and pink.
- Add in grated carrot and sweet corn and mix together.Adjust the pepper powder and cook till 8-10 min o low flame.
- Finally add in coriander leaves and switch off the flame.Now stuffing is ready.
- Add a idli batter to half level in the idli making plate.On top of it add a spoon full of stuffing and cover it with batter again.
- Cook till idlies are done in your chosen method.Serve hot
|Line up all your veggies|
|Start making tampering|
|Add in green chilli and ginger|
|And then onions|
|Adjust salt and turmeric|
|Now goes in carrot and sweet corn|
|Sprinkle some pepper powder|
|Cook till soft|
|Beautiful stuffing ready|
|Take your idli batter(need to post this recipe too later)|
|Fill half of the partitions|
|Add a spoonful of stuffing|
|And then cover with batter again|
I liked these mild spicy idlis a lot..Was happy that I served a healthy breakfast to my whole family..
|How are they looking??|
|Can you see the beautiful stuffing inside..|
|See you..happy cooking..Siri|