|Pachi Mirapakaya Pachadi|
Freshly made Chutneys are most famous in Andhra houses..These are traditionally called ‘రోటి పచళ్ళు’ (Roti Pachallu) in telugu..These chutneys are made with fresh vegetables and less oil..Also more salt is not required as these are not preserved pickles..Fresh vegetables are slightly roasted with less oil and grinded coarsely to form tasty chutneys..
We can make yummy healthy chutneys with almost all vegetables and today’s special is with GREEN CHILLIES..Yes this green chilli chutney when mixed with hot rice and ghee opens you the door for heaven Come on..lets jump in to the recipe of green chilli chutney aka Pachi Mirapakaya Pachadi
We can make similar chutneys using Brinjal,Ivy Gourd,Lady’s finger,bottle gourd..etc Do try this chutney and let me know your opinion..
|Green Chilli Chutney with hot rice tastes heavenly|
What you Need to make Andhra Pachi Mirapakaya Pachadi:
- Green Chillies——– 200 gms
- Tamarind————- lemon size
- Grated Coconut —— 3 tbsp
- Mint Leaves———– 2 springs or 3 tbsp
- Jeera or Cumin Seeds– – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil ———————- 1 tbsp
- Oil ———————1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds ———-1/2 tbsp
- Urad Dal—————–1/2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds————-1/2 tbsp
- Curry Leaves————–2 springs
- Channa Dal—————-1/2 tbsp
- Asafoetida or Hing or Inguva—2 pinches
Recipe for Green Chilli Chutney :
- Start heating oil and crackle cumin seeds in a sauce pan.
- Add tamarind and saute fore few seconds.then add whole green chillies and fry for few minutes.
- Add grated coconut,mint and roast for few more minutes(you can use either dried or fresh coconut for this).
- Adjust salt and switch off the flame.Allow it to cool for some time and grind coarsely using a blender..
- Make sure you don’t grind it to fine paste
- Heat oil in a pan and make tampering with all the ingredients mentioned.
|Crackle cumin and saute tamarind|
|And then add green chillies|
|Once chillies sauted add grated coconut|
|And then fresh mint leaves|
|Adjust salt,Roast everything until nice aroma comes|
|Now goes into blender..|
|Tangy chutney ready with lovely tampering..|
|How is that now??|