- Maida/All Purpose Flour — 1 Cup(abt 75 gms)
- Carom Seeds /Ajwain——–1 tbsp
- Kasoori Methi or Dried Fenugreek Leaves — 2 tbsp
- Unsalted Butter Melted —— 5 tbsp
- Salt to Taste
- Warm Water
- Oil —————– for deep frying
How to prepare Methi Mathris :
- Sieve the flour. Add flour,kasoori methi,carom seeds and salt.
- Make a well in the enter and pour in the melted butter.
- Take a spoon or spatula and mix it well to form a rough dough consistency.
- Adjust little warm water and make a hard dough(chapathi dough consistency).
- Keep this aside by covering with a cloth for 30 minutes.
- Make the dough into required number of partitions and make small balls out of them.
- Press the balls with your fingers to make small discs of your required size.I have dome very small discs.
- Prick the discs with a fork and make some holes in order to not make them puffed while frying.
- Heat oil for deep frying and fry the methi discs until crisp and golden brown on low flame.
- Ensure not to put on high flame as they will not get cooked inside.
|Take all your ingredients|
|Melt butter and take flour in a mixing bowl|
|Add salt,carom seeds and kasoori methi|
|Mix well and make a well..Add in butter|
|Mix well with a spatula|
|Add little warm water and make a dough like this|
|Start making small balls out of it|
|Press with your fingers and make discs|
|Prick with a fork to avoid puffing|
|And then deep fry in hot oil until crisp and golden brown|
|And dry on a tissue|
Mine came little puffy,..What you do is to take a fork and press the methris with that so that they become little flatten and make the surface rough so that they wont puff up
Also don not make them too brownish as I did..Cook for little less time so that they will be wheatish