|Minty Egg Peas Rice|
Was wondering what to prepare for a quick brunch last saturday when we decided to go for a full day shopping..to Oxford Street..Had some left over rice from last night’s dinner and some mint chutney..Soon an idea flashed in my mind to prepare a minty egg rice along with fresh green peas..Thats how this was born,,It tasted so versatile and am planning to prepare this again with fresh ingredients Cool come come..we will head for the recipe of this cool cool minty egg rice..
- Cooked Rice – 1 cup(we had this for two persons)
- Mint Chutney ———– 2 tbsp
- Green peas————–1/2 cup
- Boiled Egg Slices———2 eggs
- Onion sliced————–1
- Cumin seeds————–1 tbsp
- Salt/Pepper/Red chilli powder mixed——-2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil – 4tbsp
How to prepare this minty egg rice with leftover rice?
- If you don’t have mint chutney at home,just simple.pluck few mint leaves and dry roast them for few minutes and blend along with some salt thats it.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadai and roast the egg slices by sprinkling 1 tbsp of mixed spice powders till golden brown.
- Heat remaining oil in a pan and crackle cumin seeds.Add some onion and saute till pink.add the rest of the spice mixed powder and mix well.
- Pop in green peas and suate for a minute.Add mint puree and mix well.
- Add rice and sprinkle some red chilli powder and saute well.
- Add the roasted egg slices and stir the rice gently..Serve hot..
|Line up your stuff|
|start frying the egg slices..I used egg slicer to cut|
|Sprinkle spice powders and keep them side|
|Crackle cumin seeds|
|And add oinions|
|When pink add the spice mixed powder..|
|and pop in green peas,suate for a min|
|now mint chutney,,|
|Add your cooked rice and djust red chilli powder(for those who love spiciness)|
|Now roasted egg slices goes in..|
|Done done done..|
This is a perfect stuff for your lunch box I should say..I also have another interesting recipe with sweet corn and left over rice..Check it out here