- Chicken chopped – 500 gms
- Onion chopped – 2
- Tomatoes chopped – 2 big
- Red chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric – 1 pinch
- Oil – 5 tbsp
- Dried Red Chilli – 6
- Tamarind – 1/2 inch
- Cloves – 5
- Turmeric – 1/4 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch piece
- Cumin – 1 tbsp
- Coriander seed – 3 tbsp
- Pepper corns – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic paste – 3 tbsp(you could use fresh garlic and ginger)
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned above to a smooth paste by adding little water.This is the base for our Goan Chicken Curry.
- Wash the chicken pieces well under running water and drain them.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan.I used my pressure cooker.
- Saute onions and add salt , pinch of turmeric.Cook them for 5 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till they turn mashy.Ensure they turn mashy as this is most important.
- Drop in the chicken pieces and mix well such that the paste gets coated to the chicken pieces well.
- Add in a cup of water and red chilli powder.If you need more juice add another cup of water and cook on low flame till done.This may take 30 minutes.Adjust salt according to your taste when adding water itself.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve hot with any rice dish.
|Your spice paste ingredients..missed tamarind|
|Grind into smooth paste|
|Take up onions and tomatoes|
|Start frying onions,add salt and turmeric|
|And fry till soft|
|and until oil separates|
|Add in chopped tomatoes|
|And cook till mashy|
|Throw in your tender chicken pieces|
|And mix well|
|Add in a cup or two cups of water|
|And keep stirring..while cooking on low flame|
|Add in chilli powder|
|And cook till done..|