Dosas are a staple breakfast in India and particularly South India is famous in making different kinds of dosas. These dosas form a bright and energetic morning for most of us..The one which I wish to talk about today is an instant variety of dosa which you don’t need to plan and ferment the batter for overnight. Rava Dosa is a very quick and easy breakfast item that is perfectly suitable for a lavish weekend morning..
These rava dosas are so lacy and crispy in nature ..The golden crust that will for on these dosas is simply tempting and make you fall in love..We enjoyed these rava dosas with a special chutney made with onion which I will post the recipe soon..For now,lets get started with the recipe for Instant Rava Dosa..
- Sooji/Fine Semolina – 1 cup
- Rice Flour – 1/2 cup
- Maidha/White Flour – 1/4 cup
- Besan/Gram Flour – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds – 2 tbsp
- Green chillies finely chopped -3
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 2 springs
- Ginger finely chopped – 1 inch piece
- Water – 3 to 4 cups
- Oil – to make dosas
1.Take semolina,rice flour,white flour and besan into a mixing bowl.Add the green chillies,leaves,salt,pepper,ginger,cumin and give it a good mix.
4.Heat a dosa pan or a skillet and sprinkle few drops of oil.Start pouring the batter from the outer edges of the pan such the batter starts spreading to the centre by itself.You don’t need to spread at all.
- Making rava dosa is a bit art as you need to pour the batter as a free flow and not like normal dosa.Best thing is to take the batter in your hand and keep sprinkling to form a lacy dosa.
- Besan/gram flour makes the dosas to shine in a neat golden colour.So never skip gram flour.
- After sometime the batters bgins to become thick then you manage to add some more water and salt.
We had this rava dosa with onion chutney..Recipe coming soon:) until then..Take Care..
And this goes to 60 Days to Christmas