Swasthi is a very versatile blogger who writes at Indian Healthy Recipes..Whether you need some authentic country side fish curry or a healthy diabetic friendly rice or a baby food recipe..you can find anything that runs in your mind in her space..She has a neatly organised menu with different meaningful categories which is the best part of her space..Swasthi’s space is a wonderful feast for Non-Veg lovers..Before you move on to her space…taste this yummy and hot spicy peri peri chicken fried rice…
Over to Swasthi now..
Iam happy to be a guest at siri’s space to share my most loved rice recipe, Peri Peri Chicken Fried Rice. Thanks Siri, for giving me this opportunity. Nado’s needs no introduction to people living in singapore and Malaysia. It has gained a significant place in the recent yrs, specially for the fiery hot chicken served there driving most of us crazy. Their outlets also sell Peri peri sauce which can be used to make a range of different dishes like grilling meat, noodles and fried rice. Today’s recipe is one among those.
1 cup uncooked long grain rice (cook to keep the rice grainy)
2 tbsps garlic chopped small
3 tbsps olive or sesame oil
1/8 tsp pepper
200 gms of shredded chicken
1 tbsp light soya sauce (can reduce if using dark soya sauce)
1 tsp peri peri sauce
¼ tsp black pepper powder
veggies (all are optional, each veggie gives a distinct flavor to the rice, so use as many as possible)
½ cup leeks or spring onions
½ cup of bell peppers (red, green and yellow)
¼ cup cabbage shredded
¼ cup of carrots coarsely shredded
1 green chilies slit or chopped
Sauces (these measurements usually work good for me)
½ tbsp. vinegar
2 to 3 tbsps. Nando’s peri peri sauce (can replace with any hot red chili sauce)
2 tbsps Light Soya sauce (can reduce if using dark soya sauce)
1 tbsp chili garlic sauce (Maggie)
1. Marinate chicken with marination ingredients and set aside for atleast 30 mins
2. Heat oil in a wok on a high flame, add garlic and sauté to get an aroma
3. Add chicken, reduce the flame and cook till the chicken is fully cooked. if needed cover and cook.
4. Add the leeks, chili and carrots, toss for 2 mins
5. Add capsicums, drizzle some salt and continue frying till they are half done, do not fry for long as they tend to turn soggy soon
6. Add in all the rice evenly
7. Mix all the sauces and pour on the rice evenly. Add pepper pow and toss on a high flame for 2 mins
Hope you enjoyed this spicy rice to the core..We vegetarians can very well omit the chicken and add some potatoes..what say gals??