- Fresh Brinjal or Eggplants – ½ kg
- Tamarind juice out of – 1 lemon sized
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Sesame powder – 3 tbsp
- Fresh coriander – 3 springs
- Salt as required
- Home Made Curry Powder – 5 tbsp
- Jaggery grated – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
- Dried red chillis – 2
- Hinge – ¼ tbsp.
- Curry Leaves – 1 spring
- Curry powder is a must to get the perfect taste for this pulusu.
- Don’t stir the gravy continuously which can break the eggplants.
- Use sugar if you don’t have jaggery.
- For Sesame powder ,just dry roast white sesame seeds in a pan for few min and then grind into fine powder.If it is already included in the curry powder,please increase the curry powder quantity for the same recipe.
- If you are on the spicy side,add a tbsp of red chilli powder along with the curry powder but i liked it tangy.