world.the best I could describe them is to say that it is the hardest feeling ever to explain,It is not something which is taught by someone,but to learn on your own,It is actually a science that only heart can decode,Each friend represents a heaven like world in me ,they make my world a better place guide me how to move on in life,inject confidence in me that I can achieve the hardest goals ever,go naughty with me ,get spoiled with me and ultimately lead me on a shortest path to be happy in Life,Simply they are seen Gods to me who came to this world to only make me happy!
My heartfelt thanks to God who gave me such wonderful people in my life.
― Mark Twain
Masala Vada ( Deep fried lentil fritters made with chickpeas/bengal gram and tid bits of onion,chillies,cumin and ginger)
Cuisine : South Indian
Prep Time: soaking for 4 hours and grinding 15 min.
Cooking/Grinding Time: 20 mins
Recipe Level: Beginner/Practitioner
Spice Level: Medium
Makes: About 10 fritters
Shelf Life: Stay fresh up to 2 days and can be frozen to use for a week.
Serving Suggestion: Best as starters with any Indian chutney or a perfect accompaniment for Tea/coffee
- Bengal Gram – 1 cup
- Onion chopped -1
- Green chilies chopped -3
- Curry Leaves – 1 spring
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Cumin – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – few springs
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak Bengal gram in water for 4 hours at least until they are soft.
- Without using much water grind the soaked lentils along with salt ginger and green chillis.The batter should neither be smooth not very course,You should still see some traces of grounded lentils in the batter.
- Mix chopped onions,cumin,chopped coriander,curry leaves,salt along with the grind-ed batter.
- The batter should be good enough to form balls and still be firm. Make less than a lemon sized balls out of it and press each ball gently to form nice patties.
- You could use chick peas as whole instead of Bengal gram.
- Fritters can be baked in oven instead of deep frying.
- Reduce the number of green chilies according to your spice levels