- China Grass/Agar Agar – 10 strips
- Full fat Milk – 1 cup
- Strawberry essence – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Pink food color – few drops
- Fresh strawberries slices
Wash the agar agar in cold water.Cut into small strips.Take water(just to dissolve the agar agar) in a vessel such that the agar agar gets covered. Boil it on low flame until the china grass melts.It takes a good amount of 10 minutes but you can actually make it out by checking.
Once melted it will form a syrup kind of consistency.While this is in progress, take boiled milk into a bowl and stir in sugar well.Add the essence and food colour and keep it ready.
Once the milk is moderately cool stir in the agar agar and mix really well and quickly.Pour the mixture into your desired moulds immediately as it will start setting soon.I have lined my serving pots with some fresh strawberries before pouring the milk.You could add any kind of fruits or skip it if you do not wish.
Chill it for at-least an hour in fridge and serve !Fresh and simple dessert is ready to dig in!
- Make sure you pour the mixture quickly into moulds as the agar agar mixture sets in very quickly.
- Don’t add too much water while dissolving agar agar as the pudding wil become watery.
- You could use any kind of berries for this recipe.
- This is not suitable for storing and is best consumed fresh.