I met this guy when am 4 years old who looks very chubby,bubbly and though brown in color his inner self is very fair which made me to get attracted to him.It became a routine for me to meet him daily and spend time with him.Even though there are so many others i would neglect them straight away and would always love the company of this hero.My mom used to scold me that i was very over attracted to him and for always chanting his name alone while all others also require my company too.I would never ever bother others if he is in my house and he has always been a constant companion of me for years.My friendship with him has grew older and the bond tightened much.I have reached my school final and my love towards him grew much that i have not left him even during my examinations.My father made so many trials to get rid of my lovely friend but all were proved futile.Other guys would feel jealous at him for getting such a beautiful girl friend(lol)…I sometimes make him cry but wounding him but he is always there for me to fulfill my wishes.he would sometimes become prey for my filthy food experiments but never complains about me to anyone!such a lovely and caring guy he is!!
Day by day my love got doubled for him and no one succeeded in separating us from each other.My mom has warned me so many times not to ignore others who might also be very helpful in my life but i did not hear at all only coz of my immense LOVE towards HIM..But suddenly there seems something odd happened inside me and that has started making me move away from my darling friend slowly..I started feeling the pain of losing him and close interactions has really become distant and all the wonderful evenings we spent together have started vanishing!I really don’t like others who just can’t make me happy like the way you do..You make me to feel like am in heaven with your sweet presence …How can I forget such a lovely guy in my lifewho had been with me since my childhood and still has a lovely place in my heart just for WEIGHT LOSS!!!
Yes it is very hard for me to forget him..In fact deadly painful!I started feeling it after I left you without any mercy..The feeling deep from my heart questions my soul…
Are we in Love my lovely darling…..POTATO!
You Guys! Still here after reading the craziest story of this craziest gal..It’s just me and the humble potato..Breakfast, lunch ,snack, dinner..give me something made of potato and I would eat it for you..Love love love potato..Today am gonna show you a simple recipe for crispy golden fried Potato 65 or Aloo 65 recipe.Crispy crust coated with mild spices is the one to die for ..Pair it with hot rice and rasam or have it as a snack with your favourite dip or mint chutney, you are to going to experience the haaaaaaaaaaaven! these bite sized beauties are my ever lasting love!
Let’s start the step by step recipe for Aloo 65 or Potato 65 :
1. Par boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker or a sauce pot using hot water.See the recipe card at the end of this post for detailed notes.Once done take out immediately from hot water and drain the potatoes. Peel the skin of the potatoes and dice them into bite sized pieces.
2.In a mixing bowl, add in all flours along with salt, chilli powder, spice powders, curry leaves and a tablespoon of oil.Toss well such that all get mixed well.
3.Add in the yoghurt and beat well such the spices powders gets incorporated to it. Don’t add any water to it yet. The consistency should be like a semi thick paste that can be coated to the potato cubes without any spillage. It should get binded to it well as while frying the batter will come off the potatoes.
Can you see the consistency of the batter? It should not be runny or too thick and it should be able to stick to the potato cubes while deep frying them.
4.Coat the potato cubes with the batter on all sides.You csn rest these coated potatoes for 30 min by keeping in fridge or outside.This step is purely optional and makes the potatoes bind well with the batter.
5. Heat oil in a kadai or wok for deep frying.Ensure the oil is hot enough and carefully drop each potato cube in hot oil.Deep fry until golden brown in medium heat.If you keep the flame high, the outer layer will get cooked while the inner remains uncooked.Drain the excess oil by placing the fried pieces on tissue paper.Please check the recipe card below for detailed garnish and steps.
I did not add any colours to get this deep red color, its just the paprika, you can use kashmiri red chilli powder too for getting a bright red colour.
Love you amma for lending me your time and helping me in styling the food…
If you are looking for more starters recipe, click here
- • ½ Kg Potatotoes
- • 3 tablespoons Corn Flour
- • 5 tablespoons Rice Flour
- • 1 Tablespoon white flour
- • 3 tablespoon red chilli powder
- • ½ tablespoon coriander powder
- • ½ tablespoon cumin powder
- • ½ tablespoon garam masala
- • ¼ tablespoon amchoor powder
- • ½ tablespoon paprika
- • A pinch of pepper powder
- • Salt to taste
- • 1 Cup of yoghurt (see notes)
- • Oil for deep frying
- • 5 Green chillies slit
- • 2 springs Curry Leaves
- • Cashews for garnish
- Par boil the potatoes for 15 min. Parboil means, we are not going to boil the potatoes to soft. Just maiking them a little soft. I have not boiled them in pressure cooker as am scared about the texture.We need the potatoes not be boiled to mushy really. Use a sauce pot to do this job or even microwave for 10 min by checking in between. You can with pressure cooker until one whistle.
- Peel them and cut into bite sized cubes and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add in all the flours along with salt, chilli powder, spice powders, a tablespoon of oil.Toss well such that all get mixed well. Add in the yoghurt and beat well such the spices powders gets incordporated to it. Don't add any water to it yet. The consistemcy should be like a semi thick paste that can be coated to the potaoe cubes without any spillage. It should get binded to it well as while frying the batter will come off the potatoes.
- coat the cubes with the batter and marinate them for atleast 30 min.
- Heat oil in a wok or kadai until hot.Dip a drop of batter into the oil to check if it hot enough. The batter should immediately come up ensurig that the oil is hot enough to fry the potatoes.
- Drop the potatoe cubes carefully and reduce the flame to medium..ensure it is cooked form within and not just the outer layer.
- Deep fry them to golden brown and place them on a tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
- Once you fry all the potatoes, temper needs to be done,
- Take 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan and add in slit green chilli and curry leaves and cashenuts.Fry them until golden and add in the fried potatoes.Toss them well for 5 min and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with ketchup or as a maincourse even!
Once you coat the potatoes leave them for 30 min so it helps binding the potatoes with batter well.
Fry them on medium flame to gt them evenly cooked
Instead of potatoes, try with cauliflower,tofu and paneer too for the delicious starters