- Baby potatoes – 1/2 kg
- Big Onions sliced -2
- Shajeera(Black Cumin seeds)-1tbsp
- Garam Masal Whole spices -1 1/2 tbsp
- Tomatoes chopped -2
- Coriander powder – 2tbsp
- Red Chilli powder-2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Thick curd – 1tbp (Optional)
|Baby potatoes boiled and peeled|
- Boil the potatoes in cooker till 1or 2 whistles.Take out the skin and shallow fry them in 1 tbsp of oil and keep them aside.(If you wish you can deep fry them alternatively)
- Take a pan and heat 1 tbsp of oil,Add the whole spices,black cumin and fry for a minute.
- Add onion slices and fry till golder brown.
- Now take the onion mixture into a jar ,add in chopped tomatoes,coriander powder and blend into a smooth paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and add in the onion tomato paste.Fry it till the oil separates from the paste..
- Add red chilli powder.Add 1-2 tbsp of water if required and add the curd. Cook it covered for 10 min.
- Add the potatoes and cook it covered for 15-20 mins on meium or low flame.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and a spoon full of melted butter.
- Serve hot with any flavoured rice or roti or naan.We enjoyed it with home made butter naan.
|Shallow fried in Oil