Lemon juice -2tbsp
Sugar- 1/4 kg
Badam or Almonds-Feel free to add as many as you want
Cashew nuts-as much as you wante 🙂
Pista or Pistachio-as much as you want:)
Green Cardamom -5
- Heat a heavy bottomed vessel and pour in milk,bring it to boil.
- Add lemon juice slowly and mix it well.The milk starts to curdle.
- Stir until water get separated from the curdle mixture/solid of milk.
- Now allow it to cool and drain the water by using a thin cloth or a kitchen napkin.
- Knot the cloth tightly and keep a weight on it or you can simply hang it to you sink tap.Allow it to rest for some 3 hours.
- Open and mash the mixture until it becomes soft and like a dough.
- Make required shapes of your choice and keep them aside.
- Add sugar and water in a heavy bottomed pan and bring it to boil.
- Add the rasamalai balls and close the lid.Simmer it and let it be on flame for some 10 minutes.
- Add milk from ingredients 2 in a heavy bottomed vessel or a pressure cooker.
- Allow it to boil and then add sugar and cardamom crush mixture.Mix well and simmer for 5-10 min
- Add in the rasamalai balls and keep it on stove for few more minutes.
- Chop cashews,badam and pista and add to the rasamalai..
- allow it to cool and keep it in fridge for 1 hour or so..Serve Chilled Rasamalai