- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Butter -100 gms
- Granulated sugar – 200 gms
- Baking powder – 1tbsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Powdered Sugar – 100 gms
- Butter softened – 75 gms
- Milk – 2tbsp
- Orange food colour – a pinch
- Pre heat the oven to 250 C
- Mix sugar,vanilla and butter with a spatula nicely or you can use a electric beater.
- Blend the apple pieces to a smooth paste and add it to the sugar and butter mixture.Mix well.
- Add the flour and beat till it forms a nice consistency.
- Butter a cake tin and dust it with flour.Tip of the excess flour.
- Fill the tin with cake mixture and bake it for 30 minutes or till the cake is done.you can test by inserting a toothpick in the centre of the cake.If it comes clean then your cake is done.
- Take powdered sugar and butter in a bowl.Add the milk and food colour.
- Beat it till it turns out soft and creamy.
- Adjust the milk according to your desired consistency levels.
- I wanted it to be a bit tunny here so I added more milk.
- Decorate the cake with this icing and arrange red strawberry pieces on top..
|Beat sugar,vanilla and butter|
|Add apple puree and mix well|
|Add flour and beat well|
|Beat well with a electric mixer