I have never imagined in the wildest of my dreams that a cake can be made without any flour!I did read this recipe in a cakes book which was found lying in my friend’s room.Just gave it a try and it came out well..This cake is made of oranges,egg ,almonds and sugar..That’s it!!
- Oranges -2
- Powdered Sugar 250 gms
- Baking Powder – 1tbsp
- Eggs -4
- Vanilla Essence – 1tbsp
- 250 gms grounded almonds
How I made
- Place the whole oranges in a large pan and add enough water to cover them.
- Gradually bring them to boil and simmer for 30 min or till the oranges become very soft.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Cut the oranges into quarters and allow them to cool.Remove any pips and blend them to smooth pulp.
- Add the grounded almonds ,sugar,baking powder and vanilla essence.Beat them well using a electric beater.
- Add in eggs and beat again until it is fluffy.Take care not to over process.
- Coat the cake tin with unsalted melted butter and dust with flour.Tip of the excess flour.You can use cooking spray even.
- If you have one,add a lining paper to the bottom of the tin.I didn’t use here.
- Pour the orange batter into a cake tin and bake for 40 mins or until the cake leaves the sides of the tin.
- Allow the cake to cool and decorate as you like.
- I need to still take a step forward in icing the cakes..Will learn them soon 🙂
|Cut and cooled|
|Batter ready to go into oven|
|Cut the piece and grab it!!!!|