Here is the recipe of rajasthani potato curry for you today..Usually this curry is done using baby potatoes..since am not having in my kitchen today…just tried it with normal potatoes..It is really going to be little bit spicy so gear up for some hot stuff :)Lets start it..
- Potato-1/2 kg
- Curd-1 small cup
- Red chilli powder-2 tsp
- Coriander powder-1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-a pinch
- Cumin-1 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic paste-1 tbsp
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Dry red chilli-5
- Bay leaf-1
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Shajeera/Black jeera – 1tbsp
- Cinnamon-1 inch stick
- Cardamom -2
- Take a bowl of water and soak the spices for masala for 30 min.
- Grind them to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Boil potatoes and cube them.
- In a sause pan or kadai add oil,cumin seeeds and turmeric.Fry for few seconds.
- Add ginger garlic and paste and fry till fresh aroma comes.Add in coriander and chilli powder and mix well.(I have added the ginger garlic paste while grinding the spices for paste).So if you follow the same way go to next step instead .
- Now goes in the spicy masal paste.Fry it oil oozes out.
- Add in boiled potatoes and mix well.I did not peeled the skin but you please feel free to remove if you want.
- Add in curd and mix till everything is combined.
- Cook on a low flame with lid covered till they turn soft.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot with rice or chapathi or naan.
|Keep you ingredients ready|
|Add oil,turmeric ,dhania powder and cumin|
|Now add in the masala paste|
|Add chilli powder,Sauté well till oil oozes out|
|Add the potato cubes|
|Mix well and cook for few minutes|
|Mix well and add a splash of water if needed|
|Garnish with fresh cilantro|
|It looks tempting..right???|