Today was a bad day for me..Early morning I had to witness a bird which was stamped by vehicles on the road..If am correct it should be a cute pigeon 🙁 I really love pigeons here..they don’t get scared at all when you stand close to them also..They will look at you very boldly giving signs to feed them something..such a cute species..People should take care while driving and save them..oor birds they don’t have smart brains like us to escape..Okay now back to recipe..today is the recipe of Badam Chicken..This chicken curry turned out so yummy and got finished within seconds..
What you need:
Chicken Boneless – 1/2 kg
Badam Paste – 75 gms(See below how to prepare this)
Ginger Garlic Paste 2 tbsp
Onions thinly sliced – 2
Tomato chopped – 1
Curd -5 tbsp
Garam Masala powder- 2 tbsp
Coriander Powder -2 tbsp
Red chilli powder – 3 tbsp
Cilantro or Coriander – 1 Bunch
Trumeric Powder – 1 tbsp
How I Made:
- Soak almonds in warm milk for over night and blend them to a coarse paste.Grind the tomato and add to this paste.
- Cut the chicken into small cubes.Add salt,turmeric,chilli powder,badam paste and ginger garlic paste and curd.Mix it well and marinate for 2 hours atleast.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions and green chillis till they are transparent.
- Add the marinate chicken.Throw in garam masala,coriander powder.Adjust salt and chilli powder.
- Cut the coriander leaves along with tender stems and mix well.
- Cook it covered until chicken becomes soft.
- Serve hot with any roti,rice or pulav.
Note: Pls try to use a wider pan.I started in a very small pan and the chicken could not get cooked properly and then I changed it to a wider pan.