Egg Biryani is something which my DH orders as soon as he steps into any restaurant.But in almost all the restaurants they just add boiled eggs over some rice and call it as egg biryani.It is not always my kind of biryani that I get in hotels.This egg biryani is very spicy and flavourful and you can see the taste of egg in it.Each and every grain is properly cooked and the spices are coated in a balanced way.Besides the aroma of mint leaves make the biryani so special..
I used a special egg recipe to prepare masala eggs for this.here you get the recipe for Egg Dum Biryani/Anda Biryani…
Click Tandoori Eggs to prepare nice eggs for the biryani like below.
What You Need:
I will post this recipe very soon with step by step procedure and pics.Please stay tuned and refer the below method for till then.
Recipe for Cooking basmathi rice for biryani:
- Soak the basmathi rice with more water for minimum 30 min.
- Take water in a heavy bottomed pan and bring it to boil.If you take 4 cups of rice then add 10 glasses of water.
- Add in a tbsp of either ghee or oil.Add in half of the whole spices mentioned above.Add salt accordingly.But make you adjust it correctly while cooking.
- Now add the soaked rice and stir well.The ghee in the water makes the rice to be grainy.It won’t allow the grains to stick together and this is what we need for biryani.
- Allow the rice to cook on hig flame till 60%.That means if you hold a grain,it should be hard enough and also it should be mashed when you press. Remember its going to get cooked again!
- Now switch off the flame and drain the water immediately.else the rice becomes fully cooked.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan.You could use combination of oil and ghee as well.
- Add in spices and cashews.When they splutter,add sliced onion and fry till pink.now add ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell goes away.
- Add the mint leaves and fry till nice aroma comes.
- Throw in all the spice powders along with salt and turmeric. Sauté well.
- Add curd and mix it well.Cook till oil separates from it.Take 3/4th of this to another bowl.
- Now start making layers for our dum biryani.Add a layer of half cooked basmathi rice.
- Top the rice layer with fried onions,coriander leaves and prepared masala.
- Repeat the layers until you are done with all the rice and masala.Add in egss before you add the final layer of rice.
- Pour saffron mixed milk or food colour mixed in water over the top layer and on the edges of the vessel so that it will sink down the rice.
- Cover it with a foil and place the lid over it.Seal the edges with the foil and cook on low flame for 20 or 30 minutes.
- Do not open the lid as soon as you switch off the flame.Allow it to rest for 15 min and then open.
- Fluff with a fork and serve hot with any raitha or curry.We had it with Mutter Paneer Tikka Masala.I will post the recipe very soon.
|Onions and Cashews|
|Add in ginger garlic paste|
|Now goes mint leaves|
|All the spice powders along with salt|
|Now goes in curd|
|Cook the masala till oil separates|
|Start making layers..|
|Layer of rice,fried onions and masala|
|Pour in food colour|
|Top up the rice with your masala coated eggs|
|Final layer of rice..|
|Cover with a silver foil|
|Place lid over it..|
|Seal the edges..and cook on low flame|
|How is that???|
|I have sent this parcel to my dear friend Swathi 🙂|