This is one of my most favourite in pickles..This is a best combo for andhra dosa called pesarattu..It tastes heavenly and no other pickle can replace it for pesarattu…Here you go the recipe for allam pachadi or Ginger pickle..
What you Need:
Ginger – 100 gms
Split urad dal – 6 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
Dried red chilli – 10
Jaggery – 75 gms
Tamarind – 75 gms
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Split urad dal – 1tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 springs
Dried red chillies – 3
Garlic – as many cloves as you want
Oil – 5 tbsp
How I Made:
- Scrape the skin of the ginger and wash it in cold water.
- Chop them up into medium size or small pieces
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the ginger until nice aroma comes.Remove and keep it aside.
- Now add the split urad dhal and roast them for 5 minutes.Remove and keep them aside.
- Now add red chillies and tamarind.Remove the tamarind quickly.The idea is tamarind becomes soft when you heat it.Alternatively you can soak tamarind in hot water to make it soft.Allow all of the above to cool.
- Take ginger pieces,red chillies and add tamarind.Grind them to a coarse paste.
- Add the urad dhal and jaggery and grind it smooth.Adjust the salt accordingly.
- Make tampering with all the ingredients mentioned above and serve with any dosa or idly..It can go well with rava upma as well.
NOTE:While blending never use cold water.always use hot water as it makes the pickle to stay fresh for a longer time.
Also you can adjust the jaggery and tamarind according to your taste.I wanted my pickle to be very sweet 🙂
|So how is it???|
|Andhra pesarattu with Allam pachadi 🙂|