Okra is my favourite vegetable next to potato.But my DH always try to avoid this vegetables due to its stickiness.But when cooked properly it tastes awesome.I like it to have with simple garlic rasam and hot rice.This one can also be included in a party menu for vegens.This rajasthani okra masala is a quick dish to prepare and takes no time.You need tender okras for this.
What you need:
Lady’s Finger – 1/2 kg
Oil – 3 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder – 1tbsp
Chat masala powder – 1/2 tbsp
Dry coconut powder- 1 tbsp
For Stuffing :
Besan Flour/Gram Flour – 1 cup
Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Redchilli powder – 2 tbsp
Amchur powder – 1 tbsp
Shajeera/Black Cumin seed – 1/2 tbsp
Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
Garam Masala powder – 3/4 tbsp
Fresh cilantro- as much as you need
Oil – 1 tbsp
A spalsh of water
How I Made:
- Tip off both the ends of the vegetables.
- Cut them into 1 inch pieces and make a fine slit till 3/4th of the lady’s finger piece.This slit is to stuff the okra with besan mixture.
- Now take besan flour into a bowl.Add all other powders mentioned for stuffing along with oil and required amount of water.Make it a paste consistency and be sure that it not so sunny.It should stand inside the okra pieces.
- Now stuff this mixture into okra pieces.
- Add oil in a pan and crackle cumin seeds.And place the okra pieces.
- Cover with a lid and cook them for 5 minutes.Sprinkle a splash of water and cook it covered again.
- Flip the lady’s pieces and fry them again.Add splash of water again if required and cook it till tender.
- Sprinkle salt,chilli powder ,cocnut powder and chat masala and keep on stove for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with any roti or rice.
Recipe with pictures:
|Cut your okras and make slits|
|Take all your spice powders and bhindi|
|Mix all the powders and oil for stuffing|
|Stuffing is ready..See the consistency|
|Stuff it into the vegetable pieces|
|Crackle cumin seeds|
|Add the okra pieces|
|Fry them well|
|Fry Fry Fry…|
|Sprinkle chilli powder,coconut powder,chat masala|
|With hot rice and rasam..|
|Garnish with fresh cilantro..|
|I just love this hot fry…|