Badam/Almonds chopped – 10
- Mash the cooked potatoes and mix salt in it.
- Heat butter in a pan and sauté cumin seeds,curry leaves and onions till transparent.
- Add tomato ketchup and green peas and cook for a minute.
- Add the spinach or palak leaves and cook they turn tender
- Add the mashed potatoes and all the spice powders along with salt.
- Cook it covered for some time and adjust the salt.
- Add a dash of lemon juice and almond pieces and keep it aside.
- when the mixture gets cooled,make into equal sized balls.
- Take each ball,flatten it and place cheese cube in it.
- Close it and make a round ball again.Dip the ball in corn flour water mixture quickly and place in bread crumbs.
- Coat the ball with bread crumbs completely and place it aside.
- Repeat the same to all the balls and refrigerate them for at least half an hour so that they become firm.
- At this point you can store these balls in freezer lock covers and use them whenever you want.. they can stay fresh for at least 15 days..
- Now fry these balls in hot boiling oil and place on a tissue paper..
- Serve hot with any ketchup or your favourite dip.
|Prepare your spinach potato filling like this|
|Make balls like this..Can you see the cheese cubes..|
|Place a cheese cube on the flattened ball|
|then make into a ball again|
|Dip in corn flour plus water mixture quickly|
|Roll on bread crumbs|
|You can store these balls in freezer and fry them when you want..This is what they sell as frozen food in super markets..|
|Fry in hot oil|
|Place on tissue paper|
|So OOOOOGY GOOOOGY..|