I was really wondered to know that we can do subji with sweet corn too..I would always imagine sweet corn in a paper cup well tossed with butter and lemon..This is the first time am doing curry with sweet corn and it really tasted yummy with hot rotis..So here goes the recipe for Malai Sweet Corn subzi today…
This came out really excellent and my family had digged into the container in no moment :)The
What You Need:
Sweet corn Kernels 1 cup
Green Chillies -2 chopped
Tomato sliced -1
Cumin – 1tbsp
Onion – 1 Chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1tbsp
Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
Garam Masala – 1tbsp
Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
Curd – 2 tbsp
Butter – 1 small cube
Coriander Leaves – 3 tbsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
How I Made :
- Heat oil in a kadai or skillet and crackle cumin seeds.
- Add green chillies and fry fpr few seconds.Add onions and fry till soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes away.
- Throw in the sweet corn shells and fry for 2mins.Then add tomatoes and cook till they turn soft.
- Add in all spice powders and salt and mix well.Cook it covered for 10 minutes.Add the curd and cook till it is done for 10 more minutes.
- Squeeze half a lemon and mix well.
- Place a butter cube over it and garnish with cilantro.Serve hot with rotis or you could use this as filling for sandwich as well.
The butter spreads all over the dish and give it a rich texture and taste:)
|Crackle cumin seeds|
|Add green chillies|
|Then add a spoon of ginger garlic paste|
|Throw your sweet corn shells|
|Add your chopped tomatoes|
|Throw in your spice powders|
|Add yummy curd now once the gravy is thick|
|Now all done 🙂|
|Garnish with cilantro and fresh butter|
See you soon 🙂 Until next post…