This is yet another healthier version of a cutlet…This is packed with full proteins and we didn’t spoil the taste too by not cooking with oil..Unlike the traditional cutlets these are not rolled in bred crumbs..instead they were coated with oats crumbs 🙂 making it more healthy..Addition of mango powder make this snack tongue tickling..
These beautiful channa cutlets did not leave any clue to my husband that they were not deep fried in hot oil 🙂 What I feel is when we drown the veggies in hot oil at such temperature all the nutrients in it also get e vaporised.. Of course I agree that they taste better..but still am attracted to the fact that this version will save me from at least 500 calories of unwanted energy :)Ok now enough telling stories and I shall go straight into the recipe of Chickpeas Cutlet…
What You Need:
- Channa/Chickpeas – 1cup
- Lemon juice with 1 lemon
- Finely chopped green chillies – 2
- Very finely chopped onion -1
- Amchur powder/Dried Mango Powder – 1tbsp
- Roasted Ground nut powder – 1tbsp
- Roasted sesame powder – 1 tbsp
- Finely Crushed Oats to coat the cutlets
- 1/2 tbsp of butter or the cream of the boiled milk
- Splashes of water to cook the cutlets
How I Made:
- Soak the chickpeas overnight.Drain the water and pressure cook them until they become very soft.
- Blend them into a coarse paste in a mixer.The consistency should be thick enough to form patties.
- Now heat a non stick pan and add this paste.add in amchur powder,ground nut powder and sesame powder and lemon juice.Add a splash of water(just to cook it without oil and not for loosen the mixture) and cook it on low flame till it gets more thicker. Add the chopped onion and green chillies.You could also add some coriander leaves.
- Keep stirring else it will get stick to the pan.
- Allow the mixture to cool down.If you feel the consistency is not enough add more sesame,ground nut powder.
- Mash the oats to fine crumbs.Now form cutlets or rolls with the mixture and roll them in oats crumbs.
- Refrigerate the cutlets for 1 hour.you could even freeze them and use it at later point.
- Add a 1/2 tbsp of cream or butter and fry these cutlets on low flame.Add a spalsh of water and cook them covered with vapour.Make sure they dont get stick to the pan and prefer non stick one.
- your crispy cutlets will be ready and you can have any number of such cute cutlets without any guilt..what say??
This recipe is off to the legumes event hosted by sangeetha..
See you ..Until next post….