Dhoodh Peda is one among the Indian sweets which occupy a prominent place.This milk sweet has got very rich flavours in it and has got lovely texture..It just melts on your tongue..Since it was prepared at home you can have control on the portions of fat that is used in this..I was very excited to see these dhoodh pedas which came out very good at my first attempt itself..They are so easy to make and believe me ..it took hardly 1 hour ro prepare a whole batch of 50 pedas…Simple isn’t it ?
Do try them out and let me know how it turned out for you..Thanks to Jay of http://tastyappetite.blogspot.co.uk/ who is my inspiration to make these lovely milk sweets at home:)
- Home Made Paneer or Store Bought Indian Cottage cheese-1 Cup
- Click here for recipe Indian Home Made Cottage Cheese or Paneer
- Milk Powder – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tbp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Butter or Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Any dry nuts of your choice for garnishing
How I Made:
- Mash the paneer into grated form and keep it aside.
- Heat butter or ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and add milk to it.
- Add milk powder to it and mix well for few seconds.
- Add the mashed paneer and cook it on low flame by taking care not to let it stick to the pan.
- Cook the mixture on low flame until it reaches a little thicker consistency.After few minutes the mixture will start leaving the sides of the pan.then switch off the stove and allow it cool down.
- When the mixture is little warm add the sugar else it melts and make the mixture runny.Pop in cardamom powder and knead it well to form a dough consistency.
- If you feel the mixture is too loose to form patties,add some milk powder and make it thick.
- Then make smooth balls out of the mixture and slightly press with your fore finger in the middle..Pinch in a almond in the center and repeat the same for the whole batch…Keep them aside for 15 minutes and your yummy milk pedas will be ready to enjoy…They were lip smacking 🙂
|Then add milk powder|
|then add the paneer and mix well|
|Cook for 15 min on low flame|
|Add cardamom powder|
|Make a dough like consitency|
|Start making your patties and garnishing..|
|I just loved them..so cute milk pedas..|
|Just love this click..|
|Yummy lip smacking milk sweet are ready to pop in…
This goes to the following event
Enjoy making these dhoodh pedas at home ..See you soon..
Until next post..Take care..