Hi Friends,hope you all had a fantastic week and waiting for a lazyy weekend…Oops..weekend is already here..but not for me 🙁 Today is also a working day for me as we had some project releases this coming week.. Cool I have another day to enjoy..So no worries..The only worry is the killing weather now..Winter has started showing its wild end sending shivers into the spines..Not feeling like entering into the kitchen itself..and it is sending signals not to spend more time in kitchen 🙂 Coming to today’s recipe its a quick buttery rice recipe with some left over rice..Ok now with no more delay let us jump..
I named it sweet corn butter rice as this dish calls for some sweet corn shells ans fresh farm peas sauted in butter and some mild spices..
- Sweet Corn – 1 small cup
- Green peas – 1/2 cup(I used frozen)
- Onion slices – 1 onion
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 3 tbsp
- Jeera – 1 tbsp(cumin seeds)
- Coriander powder – a pinch
- Amchur powder – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Green chillies – 1 or red chilli powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Cooked rice-you can use left over rice
How I Made:
- Crack cumin seed in butter and add onions.Saute them till they turn pinkish.
- Add in the corn shells and peas and fry for 5 mins.Adjust salt.
- Add all the spice powders except red chilli powder and saute the grains.
- Thrown in rice and mix well till all the spices powders get coated.Add the chilli powder.
- Mix well and stri fry for few more minutes.Throw in coriander leaves and melt some butter over the hot rice.Serve with any pickle.