Garlic Apple Rasam ..Weird? Am I mad? Well no..you should really taste this tasty and tangy garlic apple rasam..It is so comforting and soothing.. and perfect go for a winter lunch..I used kind of fresh green apples to make this rasam..you all know how tangy a green apple would be..and when its combined with garlic and tomato..it gives out a perfect result.
Do try this garlic apple rasam for sure ..
I tried this for the first time after knowing about apple rasam..I gave it a twist by combining with gralic and it was a total hit..Do try it out and let me know how it turned out for you.
Preparation Time – 30-40 min
- Green Apple chopped -1/2
- Big Tomato chopped – 1
- Green chilli slit – 2
- Garlic crushed – 1 small pod
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Channa dal,mustard seeds,cumin seeds combined – 1 tbsp
- Hinge – 1 pinch
- Coriander leaves
- Dried red chilli chopped -2
- Curry leaves – 1 spring
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a thick bottomed container or pan.I used my favourite aluminium container.
- Saute garlic and green chillies for a while.Add in tomatoes and saute for 5 min.
- Adjust some salt and coriander powder and cook till tomatoes turn mashy.
- Add 2 cups of water( about 200ml) and put the flame on high.
- Then add the apple pieces and boil on high flame for 5 mins.Pop in some pepper powder.
- Adjust salt and keep on boiling with covered until cooked for bout 20 mins.
- Heat oil in another kadi and make tampering with all the ingredient mentioned under tampering.
- Pour the hot tampering or hot thadka over the boiled rasam and serve hot!!
- This can be consumed as a soup as well..it works out best for cold as well.
|Line up your stuff|
|Saute garlic and green chilli|
|And add tomatoes..cook for a while|
|Adjust salt and coriander powder..cook till mashy|
|And then add in 2 cups of water..|
|then goes in apple pieces|
|Adjust pepper and boil on high flame for few minutes|
|Boil boi boil..till done|
|Ready for tampering..|