Hope you all had a fresh start this week.I am back with a simple pulav recipe today and yes the main ingredient is ginger..not the traditional ginger garlic paste..I used chopped ginger and cashews nuts to make this simple yet yummy Ginger Cashew Pulav..It requires less ingredients and less oil and takes less time too..So can be pretty much prepared in 20 mins I bet :)This recipe for ginger rice calls for traditional cooker so it demands less attention from you..Just pop in the flavoured rice grains into the rice cooker and it will do the job for you..
My H liked it very much as it was easy to digest also with no masalas or oil in it..For making this cashew pulav..you need the following..
- Basmathi rice – 1 cup
- Cloves-2,Cinamon – small piece
- Jeera – tbsp
- Ginger chopped – 1 inch
- Cashews – as many as you wish
- Jeera – 1tbsp
- Onion sliced – 1 small
- Oil/Ghee/Butter – 2tbsp
- Slit green chilli – 2
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
How to Make Cashew Pulav by giving a ginger twist..
- Soak basmathi rice in plenty of water for 30 min after one wash
- Heat oil in a pan and add when they splutter add green chilli.
- Add the chopped ginger and cashew nuts and fry for 5 mins.Then add onions and fry till they turn soft.
- Drain the rice and add it to the fried onions and fry for some more time so that the aroma gets into the rice.
- Tranfer the whole content to your electric rice cooker or pressure cooker.
- Add 2 cups of water and adjust salt.Stir the content well and then switch on.
- Once done place fork and check the rice will be so fluffy and flavourful
- Serve this simple ginger cashew pulav with any curry or just have with plain curd
|Fry cashews,ginger,chillies and whole masala|
|Add onion slices and fry till soft|
|Pop in soaked rice and|
|Fry for few minutes|
|Transfer the whole content to cooker|
|Add two cups of water and adjust salt|
|Cook till done|
|I liked it so much..a simple meal
see you.take care until next post
Sending this to the event One Pot Meals