- Maida/All Purpose Flour — 1 Cup(abt 75 gms)
- Carom Seeds /Ajwain——–1 tbsp
- Kasoori Methi or Dried Fenugreek Leaves — 2 tbsp
- Unsalted Butter Melted —— 5 tbsp
- Salt to Taste
- Warm Water
- Oil —————– for deep frying
How to prepare Methi Mathris :
- Sieve the flour. Add flour,kasoori methi,carom seeds and salt.
- Make a well in the enter and pour in the melted butter.
- Take a spoon or spatula and mix it well to form a rough dough consistency.
- Adjust little warm water and make a hard dough(chapathi dough consistency).
- Keep this aside by covering with a cloth for 30 minutes.
- Make the dough into required number of partitions and make small balls out of them.
- Press the balls with your fingers to make small discs of your required size.I have dome very small discs.
- Prick the discs with a fork and make some holes in order to not make them puffed while frying.
- Heat oil for deep frying and fry the methi discs until crisp and golden brown on low flame.
- Ensure not to put on high flame as they will not get cooked inside.
|Take all your ingredients|
|Melt butter and take flour in a mixing bowl|
|Add salt,carom seeds and kasoori methi|
|Mix well and make a well..Add in butter|
|Mix well with a spatula|
|Add little warm water and make a dough like this|
|Start making small balls out of it|
|Press with your fingers and make discs|
|Prick with a fork to avoid puffing|
|And then deep fry in hot oil until crisp and golden brown|
|And dry on a tissue|
Mine came little puffy,..What you do is to take a fork and press the methris with that so that they become little flatten and make the surface rough so that they wont puff up 🙂
Also don not make them too brownish as I did..Cook for little less time so that they will be wheatish 🙂