|Minty Egg Peas Rice|
Was wondering what to prepare for a quick brunch last saturday when we decided to go for a full day shopping..to Oxford Street..Had some left over rice from last night’s dinner and some mint chutney..Soon an idea flashed in my mind to prepare a minty egg rice along with fresh green peas..Thats how this was born,,It tasted so versatile and am planning to prepare this again with fresh ingredients 🙂 Cool come come..we will head for the recipe of this cool cool minty egg rice..
- Cooked Rice – 1 cup(we had this for two persons)
- Mint Chutney ———– 2 tbsp
- Green peas————–1/2 cup
- Boiled Egg Slices———2 eggs
- Onion sliced————–1
- Cumin seeds————–1 tbsp
- Salt/Pepper/Red chilli powder mixed——-2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil – 4tbsp
How to prepare this minty egg rice with leftover rice?
- If you don’t have mint chutney at home,just simple.pluck few mint leaves and dry roast them for few minutes and blend along with some salt thats it.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadai and roast the egg slices by sprinkling 1 tbsp of mixed spice powders till golden brown.
- Heat remaining oil in a pan and crackle cumin seeds.Add some onion and saute till pink.add the rest of the spice mixed powder and mix well.
- Pop in green peas and suate for a minute.Add mint puree and mix well.
- Add rice and sprinkle some red chilli powder and saute well.
- Add the roasted egg slices and stir the rice gently..Serve hot..
|Line up your stuff|
|start frying the egg slices..I used egg slicer to cut 🙂|
|Sprinkle spice powders and keep them side|
|Crackle cumin seeds|
|And add oinions|
|When pink add the spice mixed powder..|
|and pop in green peas,suate for a min|
|now mint chutney,,|
|Add your cooked rice and djust red chilli powder(for those who love spiciness)|
|Now roasted egg slices goes in..|
|Done done done..|
This is a perfect stuff for your lunch box I should say..I also have another interesting recipe with sweet corn and left over rice..Check it out here