Andhra Kaju Munakkada Masala is a very special spicy curry with simple vegetables.This curry cooked with tender drumsticks and tomato mixed with cashews and milk gives you heavenly taste.This Andhra Cashew Drumstick Masala curry is a must in any marriage food menu.
This rich and creamy curry is not far in line with my favourite paneer butter masala:) But I make sure to skip munching cashews in it because am horizontally challenged now 🙂
Come,lets learn how to make this Andhra special Creamy Kaju Munakkada Masala.I totally love this curry in all the Andhra gravy dishes.
Preparation time – Under 40 min
Serves – 3
- Tender drumsticks – 3
- Tomatoes chopped – 2
- Green chilli chopped – 2
- Big Onion chopped -1
- Cashews – 20
- Coriander Leaves – 2 springs
- Turmeric and Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Ginger gralic paste – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Thick Milk – 4-5 tbsp
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Chop drumstick into finger length pieces.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed vessel and saute onion and green chillies.
- Adjust salt and turmeric and saute till onions are little soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sute for 7-8 minutes.throw in drumstick pieces and cook for 10 more minutes.Next add in tomatoes,cashews and cook on low flame with a closed lid for 10 minutes.
- Add in chilli powder and coriander powder and mix well.Add in very little water(about 50 ml) and cook on low flame for 10 more minutes.Adjust salt and switch off the stove.
- Add in a small cup of milk(say 75 ml) and mix well until the curry becomes creamy.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve hot.
|Line up all your veggies and cashews|
|Start sauting your onions and chillis|
|Adjust salt and turmeric|
|When they turn soft add ginger garlic paste|
|Add in drumstick and cook for 10 minutes|
|Add in cashews and tomatoes|
|And cook till veggies are soft|
|Then add in coriander powder and red chilli powder|
|And cook till done may be for 10 mins|
|Ready now 🙂|
|Switch off the stove and pour some milk over it..mix well|
Rich and creamy cashew drumstick masala is ready to serve with hot rice.Mix this curry with hot rice and you won’t need any other item in that lunch:)
Tip 1 : Please pick up tender drumstick for preparing this curry to retain best taste.
Tip 2 : Do not add excess water else the taste will get diluted.Add only little water to give chance for the veggies to get cooked.
Tip 3 : Also do not add more milk,adjust little milk such the gravy gets thickened and creamy 🙂
Hope you have totally enjoyed this post 🙂
Linking this to 60 Days to Christmas event