Majjiga Pulusu is a traditional South Indian tangy accomplishment for hot piping rice.It is prepared with buttermilk seasoned with raw onions,tomato and coriander.My mom makes this often for dinner when she gets tired as it is quiet easy and takes only few minutes.And am following her footsteps when I come home late after a long working day 🙂 You can just gulp a glass of this as a whole if you are on diet..Soak some rice in it and leave it overnight..Beautiful masala curd rice will be ready the next day!!
I stored this in my favourite cute mud pot before serving ..It gives the dish a very different and cooling effect..Try it out and let me know how it turned out for you!
Serves – 2
Preparation time – Under 25 mins.
- Thick Butter Milk – 1 Cup
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Onions chopped -1
- Tomato squared – 1
- Green chilli chopped – 1
- Coriander leaves – 2 springs
- Turmeric – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tbsp
- Split channa dal – 1/2 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tbsp
- Red chilli dried – 2 cut into pieces
- Oil – 1 tbsp
|Couldn’t help it..Bad lighting..|
- Season butter milk with cumin seeds and keep aside.
- Heat oil in kadai and crackle mustard seeds.Add urad,channa dals and fenugreek seeds.
- Add green chilli ,only few chopped onion.Keep the rest of the chopped onion aside.
- Adjust salt and turmeric and fry for a minute.Add in tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes are half cooked.I would not like it to be mashed.If you like go ahead and cook till mashy.
- Turn off the stove and let it cool down for 10 minutes.Then pour in the thick butter milk and stir well.Sprinkle coriander leaves,and remaining raw onions. serve it hot or chillied with rice
|Line up your beautiful stuff for tempering|
|And your fresh veggies|
|Take thick curd|
|and make buttermilk out of it..season with cumin seeds|
|Start crackling all stuff in oil|
|Add in green chillis and onions,adjust salt and turmeric|
|After frying for a minute add onion|
|And cook till tomatoes are half done|
|Switch off and pour buttermilk after 5 min|
|Add in coriander leaves and raw onion|
|Ready to get transferred..|
Isn’t it look amazing..Pretty cool and quick recipe..!!
|I love my cute mud pot..and those roses going to be 1 year old this coming Feb 🙂|
|Am loving this..|
|My H liked this with raw chillies 🙂|
Hope you liked this..See you soon with a new recipe!