Mixed Vegetable Kurma is a rich and creamy gravy dish cooked with different vegetables in tangy tomato and cashew paste.It goes well with Indian Breads or even Rice Dishes . It is full nutrient rich and makes a colourful platter on any party menu too.We had this with chapati last time when we had a visit to Sangeetha Veg Restaurant here in London..since then my guy was asking me to prepare this at home..
|Thats our beautiful backyard view..Love to watch from this window.|
I used some fresh carrots,potatoes,paneer,beans,green peas,tomatoes and onions,green chillies to prepare this rich gravy..You can see I used 9 kinds of mai ingredients in this..So I named it as Navaratan Korma 🙂 It is a bit calorie rich curry only but you will have to compromise on it for better taste..else you can skip the fatty ingredients 🙂 Cooking Time – Less thn 45 min Serves -4
- Carrots – 3
- Potatoes -3
- Beans – 100gms
- Green Peas – 1 cup
- Paneer/Indian Cottage Cheese – 10 cubes
- Onion sliced -1
- Tomatoes chopped -2
- Green chilli slit -3
- Cashews – 1/3 cup
- Cream – 1/ cup
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Green Cardamom – 3
- Cinnamon – small piece
Mixed Vegetable Kurma Recipe:
- Chop up beans,potatoes and carrots and pressure cook them together until 2 whistles.Alternatively you can microwave them for 20 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil and start sauting onions,cashews and green chillies.When they trun soft add in tomatoes,
- Adjust salt and turmeric and cook it until they turn mashy. Allow it to cool down and blend into cmooth paste in the mixer,
- In the same pan,add another 2 tbsp of oil and add all the boiled veggies including paneer except green peas.
- Sprinkle some salt and turmeric and mix well.Add in the cooked paste and mix well .
- Add a cup of water and mix well.At this stage add in all spice powders along with the green peas.
- Mix well and cook it covered for 15-20 minutes by adjusting salt if required.
- Add a tbsp of butter or ghee at the end and pour in some fresh cream and stir well. Switch off the stove immediately and serve hot with your favourite roti or any pulav.
3. Adjust some salt and turmeric;cook until mashy and switch off the flame.Allow it to cool down.
4.Grind them into thick paste using a blender.
5.In the same pan heat another table spoon of oil.Add in all your veggies except green peas.
6.Adjust some turmeric again and mix well.Add in the tomato cashew paste
7.Mix well such that the paste gets coated to the veggies well.Add in a small cup of water,
8.Now pop in green peas,and add little garam masala,coriader powder and chilli powder.Mix well.
9.And cook it for 15 min with covered lid.Add in some butter or ghee on top of it.(Pictures should be reverse I know :))
10.You will need some fresh cream too at the end.I poured in half the cup of this cream to give it a creamy texture.Alternatively you could use some thick curd too.Mix up well and turn off stove after 2 mins sharp:)
TIP 1 : Instead of cream,you can use thick curd too which can reduce some calories.