Who would dare to say No to hot cutlets on a cold wet day?Well..no one..isn’t it? Then go on..Paneer Vegetable Cutlets are cute hotties made with Indian Cottage Cheese and some vegetables.They will just melt in your mouth and sure a perfect choice for a party menu as appetizers..Forget the fact that these paneer cutlets are deep fried and enjoy the melting moments!!
Next time I will try to bake these cutlets and share you the outcome..But meanwhile you go ahead and tell me the result..Am sure they will taste great too.The secret is to blend all the ingredients in correct proportion and no matter you bake or deep fry them..My family totally enjoyed these cutlets and mom gave me 100 marks..!! What else do I need??
Cooking time- 60 min
Makes 10 cutlets
- Boiled and mashed Potato – 300 gms
- Grated carrot – 3
- Grated Paneer/Indian Cottage Cheese – 75 gms(click here for Home Made Paneer Recipe)
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped ginger – 11/2 tbsp
- Green chillies chopped – 2
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves
- Bread Crumbs as required
- Oil for deep frying
2.Finally sprinkle the corn flour and give it a good mix such that it forms a nice dough.Adjust salt if needed.
3.Form into nice shaped patties.I tried making cute little hearts but was too impatient as the little sun light started fading away.Roll them on a plate full of bread crumbs.
4.Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry them until golden brown or a nice crust forms on the cutlets.Drain them on a paper kitchen towel and serve hot with ketchup.
- If you feel the dough is not good enough to form nice patties adjust it by adding some rice flour or bread crumbs such that it becomes tight enough.
- Quickly dip the cutlets in corn flour water mix before rolling them on bread crumbs.This helps binding the bread crumbs to cutlets well.
- You could also use egg yolk instead if corn flour water mix.This gives a nice outer crust that looks crisp.
- Place these beautiful patties in a burger bun and enjoy the whole meal:)