Baking your own bread fresh at home is always joyous..You can feel that aroma and enjoy each bite of it..Yesterday I baked few dinner rolls which came out perfect.Also I have to prepare Misal Pav for South vs North Challenge..so I decided and googled for ‘Pav Bread Recipe’ to make it from scratch and here is the outcome..Making pav bread at home is so fun and easy..So you know now..that I will come up with some fantastic Indian Street Food Recipes soon..
Pav Bhaji is a very famous Indian Street Food made with fresh aromatic bread and thick vegetable curry..Same as Vada Pav,Misal Pav ,Masala Pav..The basic bread for any kind of those street foods is this Pav..So by learning hoe to make Pav Bread you can make so many tasty foods and enjoy at home itself..This way your food will be very healthy and economic as well 🙂 What say??
Please try it out and let me know how it came..If you need any suggestions or you have any doubts feel free to write to me @ sirisfood[at]gmail[dot]com.
- Plain Flour/White Flour/All Purpose Flour – 1 Cup
- Dry Yeast – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1tbsp
- Lukewarm water – 1/2 cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Melted Butter – 3 tbsp
- Milk – 2 tbsp
Recipe for making Pav Bread :
- Take sugar in a small bowl.Add yeast to it. Sugar makes the yeast to be active.
- Add 1/2 cup of lukewarm water to the yeast to become full active.Yeast rises well with sugar and lukewarm water.Mix well up well and leaves it for 10 minutes.
- Take the flour and salt in another bowl.Add the yeast water.
- Punch it ,beat it,fold..and knead it very well.The dough may be little sticky but knead it well.
- Then add 2 tbsp of melted butter and again knead it nicely.the more you need the better outcome.
- Then cover with a plastic cover and allow it to rest for at least an hour.The dough becomes doubled.
- Punch and knock out the air and knead it smoothly again.Divide the dough into fist size smooth balls.
- Butter a baking tray and dust it with flour.This helps the dough not to stick .
- Arrange the dough balls on the tray by slight contact with each other.
- Rest it for another hour such that they become double the size again.
- Brush the buns with some milk or egg white to give a nice texture on the top.
- Preheat the oven at its maximum temperature for 10 min and bake the breads at 200 degrees for 20 min.
- Check your oven settings and make sure to bake them until a golden crust forms.
- Apply some butter to make them shine and aromatic,
2. Add flour and salt in another bowl and pour the yeast water on it.
3.Punch,mix and knead the flour and make a soft dough,Add melted butter and knead it again
4.Now allow the dough to rest for 1 hour such that it will become double the size.
5.Knock out eh air and knead it well again.Butter a tray and dust it well with some flour.
6.Divide the dough into equal sized balls and form buns like below.Allow them to rise again for 1 hour such they become double the size. Coat them with some milk or egg white.Preheat the oven and bake it for 20 min or till golden crust forms on the top of the bread.