I know few of you might be waiting for a new recipe from me..and for those who all really missed me for a while,kindly apologize for disappearing from the last few days…Am back with a very tasty Manchurian recipe made with tender and fresh baby corn ..This juicy yet crunchy Manchurian is sure a tongue treat for food lovers…Making baby corn Manchurian just like we eat in restaurants is so easy and here am going to tell you the detailed step by step recipe..
I have never visited any Chinese restaurants to taste these tongue tickling Manchurians but heard they taste great over there..I am yet to try out different kinds of Manchurian in my kitchen and so you can see lots and varieties of manchurians soon in the near future..The crisp coated baby corn tossed with soy sauce and crunchy onions gives your party menu a rich and colourful look!
Cooking time – under 30 min.
- Baby corn – 100 gms
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- Sugar 1/2 tbsp
- Chinese salt 2 pinches
- Onions cubed – 1/2
For coating baby corn:
- All purpose flour – 5 tbsp
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Salt – 1/4 tbsp
- Pepper – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
Chop your baby corn into medium length pieces.Chop all other veggies into nice medium sized cubes.
Take the flours,chilli powder, Chinese salt and normal salt into a mixing bowl.Make a thick batter by keep adjusting little water.
Add in the baby corn pieces in to the batter and give a gentle fold such that batter gets coated well to all the pieces.Heat oil in a pan and drop in the pieces,deep fry them until golden brown.
Drain them on a tissue paper so that the excess oil will get absorbed by it.Heat 2 tbsp of oil or butter in a pan.
Sauté the ginger garlic paste for 2-3 minutes until raw smell goes off.Add in the onions and sauté for just 3 mins.Remember not cook them soft!!
Add in spring onions and sauté for another min. Sprinkle some soy sauce and mix well.Add some sugar and adjust any salt.
Pop in the fried baby corn and put on high flame,toss on high flame for a min. Reduce heat and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with some more spring onions and coriander leaves.
- Remember not to mix the baby corn hardly else they may get broken into pieces due to its very tender nature.
- Don’t sauté your onions too much till soft ,the crunchiness should remain and is important!Feel free to add in colourful bell peppers along with onions.
- Add salt carefully because the soy sauce contains some salt.
- If you need a spicy touch,add some red chilli sauce once you saute the veggies.
- The baby corn can also be baked or stir fried to reduce the caloric intake but the original recipe calls for deep frying.
If you need a gravy version of this baby corn Manchurian,please proceed with the below steps.
- Once the veggies are sautéed,add a cup of water and bring it to boil.When it boils,add the some vinegar and soy sauce.Again boil for 2 minutes and adjust salt,pepper and some sugar.
- Mix 2 tbsp of corn flour in cold water without any lumps.Add this mixture to the above boiling mixture.
- The gravy will immediately start thickening and make sure to stir well without any lumps.Cook for a min.
- Add in the fried baby corn and mix well.Swithc off the flame after 2 minutes and garnish with fresh coriander and some spring onions!