- Maida or White flour – 1 1/4 cup
- Butter at room temperature – 1/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1tbsp
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Oil – For deep frying
- Salt – a pinch
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Water – 2 cups
- Green cardomom- 2
- Melt butter in a micro-wave safe bowl for few seconds.Add in curd and beat well such the curd gets blended with butter well.It should become like a smooth batter shown in the last picture.
- Mix flour and baking powder and sift them fine.Add in to the butter and curd mixture and mix well to form a smooth dough.The dough should be soft enough and not be over kneaded else the badhushas will turn hard.
- Make uniform balls out of dough and shape it like discs.Press it gently in the center with your fore finger.I made another shape by making swirls at the end of the badhushas but couldnt actually record it properly.Please check out the video below on how to shape badhusha.
Video Link on: How to Shape Badhusha
The texture of fried badhushas should be soft and flaky
- Its time to make the sugar syrup.Take sugar and water into a hard bottomed vessel and boil it for 10 minutes or so until the syrupy textures comes in,Actually you just need a little thick solution to immerse your badhushas.Add in crushed cardamom and place the fried badhushas into the syrup gently.Cover it for 20 mins and take out the juicy badhushas and serve!
- Don’t use more curd as it can actually harden the badhushas and change the texture of it.
- Don’t compromise on the amount of butter for a perfect taste.
- You could use melted ghee or dalda(vanaspathi) in place of butter.
I wish you all a Happy New Year!